Care and Maintenance
Care of Solid Surface Countertops
COVOSSI Solid Surface Countertops not only look attractive and exude quality; they are designed to withstand the rigors of everyday use.
Upon installation the solid surface countertop will have a matte finish. Through use the countertop acquires a smoother, more silken finish and appearance. Even the cleaning properties appear to improve with use. For a glossier finish we recommend using a countertop polish similar to Rejuvenate. Unlike most other countertops, COVOSSI Solid Surface Countertops are repairable, so accidents, stains or scratches can be easily removed with relative ease.
It is always easier to wipe up a spill than have to deal with a dried-on stain. These countertops are impervious to liquids however it is always best to clean up spills quickly.
For everyday cleaning wipe the counter clean with a damp cloth or soft sponge and warm soapy water. You can also use common stone cleaning products to clean your countertops.
Accidental spills of strong chemicals (ie: paint stripper, metal cleaners, oven cleaners, cleaners containing methylene chloride, acid drain cleaners, acetone, bleach etc.) should be washed away immediately using plenty of soapy water to avoid damaging the countertop.
For nail polish spills, non-acetone based removers can be used, then wiped thoroughly with soapy water.
Never place hot pans, dishes or utensils directly onto the countertop. Hot items will damage the countertops.
Do not use harsh cleaning chemicals on the countertops ie: bleach or rubbing alcohol.
Always use a heat protective pad or trivet with rubber feet for hot cookware.
We recommend purchasing a heat reflective tape, which the installer should apply around the stovetop cutout in the countertop before fitting the stovetop. More information about protecting your countertops can be found in the installation guide. Extra care should be taken when using the stovetop. Please follow the appliance manufacturer’s instructions and advice below:
• Any overhanging pan can scorch the surrounding countertop.
• Always use the correct size of pan for the burner and ensure that it is placed centrally.
• Do not use two burners as one (ie: for a larger pan or griddle).
• Take extra care when using a large frying pan.
Warning: DO NOT cut or chop directly on the countertop. Always use a chopping board.
• COVOSSI Solid Surface Countertops will show light abrasion marks in normal daily use.
• Darker colored surfaces are more prone to minor scuffs and scratches than lighter options and will require more care and attention to keep them looking pristine.
• Most scratches can be removed with relative ease. See COVOSSI Solid Surface installation instructions for repair information.
• If you need repair assistance contact COVOSSI's customer service center at: email@example.com